State of Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Federal Railroad Administration Grant
Waukesha County Sealed Corridor Project
Village of Pewaukee Railroad Crossings
As indicated in a press release from the Federal Railroad Administration dated February 22, 2016, the State of Wisconsin was awarded a $3 million grant to increase safety at 10 railroad crossings in Waukesha County. Four of the crossings scheduled for safety upgrades are located within the Village. The proposed safety upgrades are summarized in the FRA press release provided below.
On Tuesday, March 28, 2017, representatives from the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, Federal Railroad Administration, Canadian Pacific Railway, Office of the Commissioner of Railroads, and the Village, met to conduct a field review of the four crossings within the Village in relation to the grant to verify crossing conditions as part of a fact-finding part of the planning process.
The grant and its components are administered by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
Please see the following documents for information related to this project:
- Federal Railroad Administration Press Release February 22, 2016
- Village of Pewaukee Staff Summary of March 28, 2017 Fact-Finding Review
- Village Board Meeting – May 2, 2017 – Letter of Intent
- Village Board Meeting – May 16, 2017 – Presentation & Review of Waukesha County Sealed Corridor Project
- Village Board Meeting – June 6, 2017 – Letter of Intent – Rescinding Vote Discussion
Quiet Zone Information
For information related to Quiet Zones and their establishment process, please review the Quiet Zone Guidelines, as provided by the Federal Railroad Administration.